- Search term must have more than 2 characters.
Approved to ČSN 73 0873 and ČSN EN 671-1
Fire hydrant system with semi-rigid hose is a very effective fire-fighting facility with an uninterrupted supply of water immediately. The design of the system allows quick operation by a single person.
- Hydrant cabinet – made of 1 mm steel sheet. Pressurized water supply, brought through the centre of the reel, enabling immediate use of the system. Powder coated surface treatment designed for indoor environment (outdoor design possible by agreement with the manufacturer). Solid or glass-panelled door.
- 19 or 25 mm PH – stabil D semi-rigid hose.
- Nickel-plated brass ball valve.
- D 25 spray fire nozzle consisting of a polypropylene body and revolving head. The revolving head enables the user to set a full or spray stream with an adjustable spraying angle within the range 0 – 110° and to shut off the nozzle.
- Connection hose used to connect the system to water main.
width x height x depth
Hydrant system with D19 mm semi-rigid hose
- 650 x 650 x 175 mm – 20 or 30 m hose can be used.
- 710 x 710 x 135 mm – only 20 m hose can be used. Only fire nozzle with 6 mm equiv. diam. is used – flow rate Q < 1.1 L/sec.
Hydrant system with D25 mm semi-rigid hose
- 650 x 650 x 210 mm – only 20 m hose can be used.
- 650 x 650 x 285 mm – 20 or 30 m hose can be used.
- 710 x 710 x 245 mm – 20 or 30 m hose can be used. Nozzle options: equiv. 6 mm diam. – flow rate Q < 1.1 L/sec equiv. 10 mm diam. – flow rate Q > 1.1 L/sec.
Inspection of hydrant system is to be undertaken by a trained person in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
Hydrant systems with D19 and D25 semi-rigid hose
|Dimensions||Door||Hose||Fire nozzle||Cat No.|
|650 x 650 x 175||solid||20m of D19||equiv. 6||svv 101|
|650 x 650 x 175||solid||30m of D19||equiv. 6||svv 102|
|710 x 710 x 135||solid||20m of D19||equiv. 6||svv 110|
|650 x 650 x 210||solid||20m of D25||equiv. 6||svv 005|
|650 x 650 x 210||solid||20m of D25||equiv. 10||svv 006|
|710 x 710 x 245||solid||30m of D25||equiv. 6||svv 016|
|710 x 710 x 245||solid||30m of D25||equiv. 10||svv 010|
|650 x 650 x 175||glass-panelled||20m of D19||equiv. 6||svv 103|
|650 x 650 x 175||glass-panelled||30m of D19||equiv. 6||svv 104|
|710 x 710 x 135||glass-panelled||20m of D19||equiv. 6||svv 111|
|650 x 650 x 210||glass-panelled||20m of D25||equiv. 6||svv 051|
|650 x 650 x 210||glass-panelled||20m of D25||equiv. 10||svv 007|
|710 x 710 x 245||glass-panelled||30m of D25||equiv. 6||svv 008|
|710 x 710 x 245||glass-panelled||30m of D25||equiv. 10||svv 052|
650x650x285 hydrant systems with D25 semi-rigid hose
|Material||Door||Hose||Fire nozzle||Cat No.|
|Powder-coated steel||solid||20m of D25||equiv. 6||svv 001|
|Powder-coated steel||solid||20m of D25||equiv. 10||svv 002|
|Powder-coated steel||solid||30m of D25||equiv. 6||svv 003|
|Powder-coated steel||solid||30m of D25||equiv. 10||svv 004|
|Powder-coated steel||glass-panelled||20m of D25||equiv. 6||svv 027|
|Powder-coated steel||glass-panelled||20m of D25||equiv. 10||svv 011|
|Powder-coated steel||glass-panelled||30m of D25||equiv. 6||svv 029|
|Powder-coated steel||glass-panelled||30m of D25||equiv. 10||svv 012|
When selecting a specific type of equipment, systems with at least 25 mm hose (internal diameter) are to be installed especially in the following areas:
- Fire sections in production facilities (according to ČSN 73 0804) and warehouses (according to ČSN 73 0845).
- Fire sections (buildings) where the linear speed of fire propagation is v1 > 1.2 m/min; values of v1 from Table B.1 in Appendix B can be used without additional certificates.
In buildings or their parts designed as:
- Indoor meeting areas (according to ČSN 73 0831).
- Accommodation buildings of OB 4 group (according to ČSN 73 0833).
- Retail outlets and distribution depots.
- Multiple garages.
- Exhibition grounds.
- Film, TV and radio studios.
- Stages, backstage areas, scene-docks.
- Fire sections on underground floors with more than 10 persons present (ČSN 73 0818).
- Fire sections with high fire load (p > 120 kg/m2).
In other relevant cases, it is sufficient to install hose systems using 19 mm (nominal internal diameter) hose at least.
The hose reel systems are to be installed at a height betw. 1.1 m and 1.3 m above the floor (measured to the centre of equipment). Their position should allow easy reach and it should be possible to open the door up to 180°. For the installation it is necessary to provide sufficient water supply so that a minimum overpressure of 0.2 MPa is guaranteed in the least favourable place.
After opening the cabinet and checking that the nozzle is shut off, open the ball valve on the inlet (the system fills with water). Unwind the required length of hose from the reel up to the place of fire and turn the head of the nozzle to adjust the required shape of water stream.